Your privacy is important to us, and so at Argis:
- We are careful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
- Our websites (including argis.com and argissolutions.com and subdomains thereof);
- Our mobile applications (such as the Argis Lens app for Android and iOS);
- Our other products and services that are available on or through our websites (including the Argis Framework and its API services); and
- Other services used in connection with our Services, related to your use of our applications and services.
CREATIVE COMMONS SHAREALIKE LICENSE
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to create and manage your account. For example, we require individuals to provide a their name, email address, and other contact information.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–a subscription to a WordPress.com plan, a premium theme, or a custom domain, for example–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Credentials: In conection with your account, you will create a password (which will be securely encrypted) or use other credentials for data access and services.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our team about a support question, or interact with us through email, social media, phone calls, or other communication methods.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we log messages related to communications between our services and your servers. We also collect information about website visits (e.g., page views, site searches, and interactions with our content), along with information about your device (e.g., screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services and their interest in our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We use the location of your device to provide our Services to you. We may also determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address or through other means. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps when you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
- Stored Information: We may access information stored on your mobile device via our mobile app. We access this stored information through your device operating system’s permissions. For example, if you give us permission to access the photographs on your mobile device’s camera roll, our Services may access the photos stored on your device when completing a report.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you subscribe to our newsletters, we will receive information from that service via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available. We may also get information, such as a mailing address, from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users, which we may use, for example, for marketing and product research purposes.
HOW AND WHY WE USE INFORMATION
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to allow you to display your data at your location through the Argis Lens;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think will be useful to your users;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition--for example, we may analyze which users are most interested in a particular bundle of Services;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Argis and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about Services offered by Argis, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Argis and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and market to relevant groups of potential users.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other authoritative governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Argis, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is disclosed publicly.
HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it--which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information--and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of Argis' websites, such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 365 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to Argis' websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide optional account information.
- Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features (like adding a photograph to a report, for example).
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account, and legal notices.
- Close Your Account: If you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your Argis account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above--for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, find out how to reach us. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
CONTROLLERS AND RESPONSIBLE COMPANIES
Argis' Services are worldwide. Argis Solutions, our US-based company, is the controller of personal information, which means that we are the company responsible for processing that information, based on the particular service and the location of the individual using our Services, across all of our Services worldwide.
HOW TO REACH US
OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW (KEEP READING!)
- In the case of US based entities, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- In the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA, entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
You can ask us for more information about the steps we take to protect your personal information when transferring it from the EU.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others